(prior to opening The Law Office of David Perry Davis)
Hon. Donald W. de Cordova, J.S.C.
State of New Jersey / Department of the Judiciary
Law Clerk, 1996 term
Reviewed 25-30 family law motions per week, summarized, made recommendations and discussed each with Superior Court Judge, performed legal research, drafted opinions, discussed motions with attorneys and pro se litigants, mediated disputes.
Camden County Office of the Public Defender
Intern, Summer 1994, Summer 1995, Fall 1995
Represented indigent juvenile defendants in bench trials, argued bail motions, researched and drafted briefs.
Margrabia & Donegan, P.C.
September 1995 - September 1996
Wrote two appellate briefs (both successful). One concerned the erroneous granting of "equitable credits" after the trial Court found the parties' prenuptial agreement to be valid and enforceable. The other concerned the consideration of improper factors when sentencing a domestic violence offender and the unconstitutionality of sentencing a defendant to attend religion-based A. A. meetings. Legal research and writing, wrote memorandums of law.
Indik & MacNamara, Attorneys at Law
Paralegal / Legal Secretary / General Office Assistant, August 1988 - July 1996
Part-time, as-needed work for Princeton law firm. Deposition reviews, drafted pleadings and motions, basic research, client support, extensive computer work.
United States Army / New Jersey Army National Guard
January 1990 - January 1992
Private First Class / Administrative Specialist / Squad Leader
Completed Basic Training and Advanced Individual Training, Ft. Jackson, SC Letter of Commendation for creating computer program now used to train all U.S. Army Administrative Specialists more efficiently. New Jersey Merit Award.
Rutgers School of Law at Camden
Juris Doctorate, 1996
Dean’s List. Last semester GPA: 4.0
Hunter Advanced Moot Court: Top Ten Brief Award
Am Jur Award (Highest grade in class): Family Law, Spring 1995
Fairleigh Dickinson University
Paralegal Certificate, 1992
Seven month graduate program covering all aspects of legal procedure and legal research and writing.
B.A., History, 1991
Dean’s List. Phi Alpha Theta International Honor Society.
United States Army
Administrative Specialist School, 1990
Alpha Company, 369th Training Battalion
"Fast Track" (honors) award, Commander’s Award for exceeding Company standards.
Mercer County Community College
Dean's List. Alpha Mu Gamma Honor Society for foreign language study
Extra Curricular Accomplishments & Achievements
- Contributing Editor, The Advocate - Rutgers Law School student newspaper (1994 - 1995),
- Editor of Rutgers weekly newspaper, The Medium (1991).
- Started "RU Falling From the Sky" (Rutgers University skydiving club - 1989).
- Mediation - Former Professional Mediator: State of New Jersey, Department of the Judiciary. Developed an 85% settlement rate while employed as a law clerk.
- Language - Near fluency in Spanish. Some Mandarin Chinese, Russian.
- Extensive Computer Skills - WordPerfect (advanced functions and macro programming), MS Word, Lotus 1-2-3, PageMaker, Lexis & Westlaw, DOS, Windows, anti-virus software. Complete system installation, operation. Working knowledge of Novell Networks. Set up and operated on-line computer BBS system (SysOp), 1988-1993.